Monday, February 22, 2010

Sleep and 1 Month Stats

Makena slept through the night last night!! A full 7 hours!

We went to bed a little after midnight and Pam was going to get up with her for her middle of the night feeding around 3-4 am. A little after 7 am we woke up and Pam asked me why I didn't wake her up for the feeding. And I said "She never woke up!?" We looked at our little girl and she was still fast asleep. She looked a bit blue to me and I had a little panic attack even though we could see/hear she was breathing, but then we poked her and she stirred and was totally fine.

You know how everyone says babies are up all night and you get no sleep? Well we sure got lucky because this baby is a great sleeper! (And yes, we're knocking on wood continually!)

After we woke her up and I fed her, she fell back asleep. Then we went to her Pediatrician appt and she would have slept through the whole thing but I fed her again and her Dr. started examining her so she woke up. Afterwards we drove to SF to get her birth certificate and came back home and she had slept the whole time.

I fed her when we got home and she had some tummy time and lay on her activity mat for a bit and then she fell asleep again. It's crazy to me that she sleeps so well, and it makes me worry when I should just feel glad! She is really such a GOOD baby!!

Her 1 month stats-

Weight 11.4 lbs
Length 23.5 in

On the percentile charts she's doing great, she's a big baby but long and lean, not chubby. We need to figure out what we are doing for vaccinations because at her next appointment in a month we are suppose to give her the first round of shots. Dr. Wally wanted to give her the Hep B one today, since we declined it at birth, but we said we still wanted to hold off.

Sometimes I think researching and wanting to be fully informed is a curse, because there is just SO much conflicting information out there so it's hard to know what to do. I don't really know why, but I just don't feel comfortable following the recommended schedule. It's a gut feeling. As Jackie said, we need to follow our mommy instinct and luckily we get 2!! lol. Right now we are leaning towards spreading out the shots and getting the combo ones seperately, but we'll see what we finally decide.

We also asked her Dr. about what I was assuming was a sacral dimple on her lower back/ upper butt crack. He said it's so mild he wouldn't even consider it one. We noticed on a developmental chart on the wall that around 6 weeks-3 months babies should be starting to follow objects with their eyes...and we said she has been doing that since she was like 2 weeks old so we asked what that was about. She can also lift her head and turn it while holding it up. He said she is just precocious. :) We knew she was a super baby and he agrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment