Saturday, February 20, 2010

1 month!

Makena is now 1 month old. She's outgrown the newborn sleepers from Carter's already. She outgrew newborn sized diapers 2 weeks ago. I can't believe she is getting so big! Granted, she was big to begin with, but I just finished doing the laundry and started a "hand-me-down" pile of clothes that no longer fit. It makes me so sad. It's hard to believe she is growing up, slowly but surely...wasn't I JUST waiting for her to be born?!


And now she's here. And I'm so in love with everything about her. I'm so nervous that I'll blink and she'll be crawling. Or heading off to kindergarten. Or walking down the aisle. I want to remember every little thing and never forget how warm and silky smooth her skin felt the first time I touched her.

So I take photos nonstop. One day we'll look back over them and marvel over how little she used to be. But I can't capture the way she feels when she snuggles up against me in the early morning. How she wiggles her way over to me and burries her face in my neck.



Pam woke up and found us like this the other morning. Makena had been sleeping on the blue cloud blanket, but she ended up smushed up next to me. In the photo it looks like she's on top of me, but the angle is funny. We're on the couch, and I was laying on my side facing her. I get so worried she'll suffocate but she just loves to be cuddled close. Even when we're in bed and I have her in the sleep positioner wedge thing she wiggles closer to me. And I love it.

She is hardly ever out of our arms and we wouldn't have it any other way! Pam keeps saying that some day she won't want us to hold her 24/7, so we're getting our fill now. :) Right now they are falling asleep together on the couch. Tonight Pam is going to take the night shift and feed Makena a bottle of milk I pumped this morning so I can get some sleep...but really I'll be waking up and pumping. lol.

I need to go get some snuggles now!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thing to be a Mother. :) I know what you mean about wanting to remember every minute of her life. And the touch and smell.... When I touch, smell, kiss Makena it is like I am doing it all over with you. Thank you for this wonderful gift of Grandmahood. I love it!
    Such a happy family!
    Love,
    GrandMo

    ReplyDelete