Sunday, February 14, 2010

First entry of the new blog!

Today is Valentines Day, and it's Makena's first holiday!

Last night we went to bed around 10:30. At 3am Makena woke up and Pam gave her a bottle and stayed up with her for a bit and then they fell asleep together on the couch. This is how I found them when I woke up at 7am (covered in leaky milk, btw!)

So adorable! I can't believe I got over 8 hours of sleep last night. I feel great! In general I don't feel sleep deprived because our baby is amazing and usually sleeps for great 4 hour stretches and she doesn't keep us up all night with crying or anyting. Knock on wood...
For Valentines Day I gave Pam a mug with photos of our beautiful baby girl and "Makena loves her Mama!" written on it. She gave me some chocolates and socks, and Makena gave me a big box of nursing pads. lol! Exactly what I needed! Then we went to brunch at The Cheesecake Factory with Kimberly and Susan and a friend of theirs.
Makena was wearing a cute little outfit from her Aunt Diana and the new bib and hat she got as gifts! We walked around the mall for a bit and don't have any plans for the rest of the day. I'm not sure what else to write for now, I just really wanted to get this blog started because I can't believe she's almost a month old and I haven't written anything in 2 weeks! I ordered a copy of the pregnancy blog book, and can't wait to see it. And since I'm done writing in that blog, it was time to get this one up and running!

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful you have this blog. I enjoy reading every word. You are doing a great job Katy. I am already so proud of you!

    Big hugs,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete