Friday, November 22, 2013

Relishing the end of the only child days

Three days past my due date, and I'm really trying to relish these last few days with Makena as my only child. I put her to bed and lay next to her, wondering if this is the last night of our routine before it changes. I wake up with her body plastered against mine and wonder if it's our last morning snuggling in bed together just the two of us. I feel like she can sense how soon the baby will be here, she's been even clingier than normal and asking for cuddles and hugs constantly. She's also been telling me often (especially when she's supposed to be falling asleep) how much she loves me. "Mommy, I love you bigger than the whole world!"

I'm talking to her a lot these days about how I will always love her and that no matter what she is my first baby and that's super special. Today she picked out a little gift to give the baby when it's born, and I have a gift ready for her from the baby, in addition to the necklace I'm giving her.

So yeah, I'm ready for the baby, but I'm also okay with these last few days of waiting. I'm so excited to see Makena as a big sister! But for now I'm enjoying the end of her only child days!

No comments:

Post a Comment