Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Due Date!

The first thing you look up when you find out you're pregnant is your due date. We all know it's just an estimate, there is no way to know exactly when baby is meant to be born. Some people are off on their dates and some babies just come earlier and some just come later! I believe very strongly in not inducing labor and letting babies choose their own birth dates. And since Makena was 11 days "late" I had a feeling that this one would be too. Apparently my uterus is extremely comfortable and the babies I grow never want to leave.

But that doesn't mean I'm not ready to meet this baby! Although technically I guess we're not 100% ready. Over the weekend we discovered that Makena had head lice. Because what would be more fun to deal with at the end of pregnancy?! So we panicked and treated all of us to be sure we're lice-free, then Pam took all the laundry to be re-washed (which we had just spent $50 doing last weekend!) and we cleaned the house and the car. Then I installed the baby's carseat which I've been meaning to get done. So now we're a bit more ready, but I'm still feeling like the timing isn't exactly right.

Makena drew the baby on my belly-


Pam and I went out to a fancy dinner thanks to a $100 gift card, and I took this photo in the bathroom-


I can't believe that soon I'll be taking photos of another baby! Makena is going to look so grown up all of a sudden. I love photos of her sleeping.


I had my 40 week prenatal appointment today. I weigh 201 lbs, which is a pound less than I weighed 12 days ago. Belly is measuring 39 weeks, and baby is burrowed in deep. My midwife thinks this baby won't be as big as Makena was, and estimates it weighs a little over 8 lbs right now. She had to reschedule my appointment from last week because she was with a client who was finally delivering her baby... 4 WEEKS late! Oh how I'm hoping that isn't me! We've been thinking November this whole time, I can't imagine having a December baby! Plus, December is for Christmas, the most wonderful time of the year!

Pam would like the baby to come on Monday evening, 11/25, or Tuesday the 26th. She has her preschool feast day on that Monday and then has the rest of the week off, so that would be ideal timing. Plus she REALLY wants to go see The Hunger Games Catching Fire movie on Friday. We have plans to go as a last movie date if I'm still pregnant then.

I'd like the baby to be born tomorrow. Makena was born on January 20th, so I think November 20th would be nice. Plus it's one of the few days this month were I don't know someone with a birthday! You know what they say about November babies... they are the previous Valentine's Day gifts. ;) I'd just really like a date before the 22nd because then the birthday won't ever fall on Thanksgiving.

Not like we get any say in this whatsoever, but it's fun to guess and try to imagine!

We still don't have a name picked out, but we aren't stressed about that since we don't want to name the baby until after it's born anyway and we get a chance to see what feels right.

We also don't have the birth pool set up yet. We just got it today and I can't wait for tomorrow when we'll do our dry run to see that everything is working. I'd also like to clean the house again, we're trying to stay on top of the clutter and cleaning a bit more than usual so that when I first start labor I won't be overwhelmed by a messy cluttered apartment. It's so hard though, having a small apartment and so much stuff taking up space.

But now that we have the birth pool in our possession, are lice-free, and have the baby car seat installed, I guess we are pretty much ready! So we'll see. The date really doesn't matter, I just hope we have a healthy baby and a nice easy labor that doesn't drag on for days and a wonderful birth story!

No comments:

Post a Comment