Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2 days till she's 1!

I'm feeling panicky about her birthday. My baby's about to be one year old. It's like this huge important impending date that has all these different feelings and emotions attached to it.

Excitement, joy, disbelief, anxiety, relief, guilt, bewilderment, sadness, anticipation, awe... some of these are obviously much stronger than others, but I do have hints of all of them!

At this time last year I was in labor, and thought I'd have the baby before morning. Little did I know I still had quite some time. I couldn't wait to meet our baby. I wondered if she'd really be a girl after all. I was so worried about believing that the 2 ultrasounds were correct! I had no idea what we'd name the baby. I constantly thought about what she'd look like.

And now she's here, and it's been almost a year of getting to know/falling in love with her. One day she'll be turning 5. Then 13. And some day she'll be 29, older than I am now!

But she's still a baby for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment