Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter!

Yesterday was Makena's first Easter! We woke up in the morning and went to look for her basket... I helped her search behind the cereal boxes on top of the fridge.


She sure got lots of fun goodies from the Easter Bunny!

We put on her pretty Easter dress and went to Grandmo and Grandpoppy's house for her first party!
She started to fall asleep right when we had to get going, so she missed her nap and cried the entire 15 minute car trip. It was pouring rain, so Pam pulled up really close and I hopped out of the car and rushed inside with Makena while Pam parked the car. We didn't stay too long because Makena just wasn't sleeping well with all the excitement, and she started to lose it a couple hours later so we headed back home.

And after she had a little sleep she woke up in a great mood!

Pam was changing her diaper and getting her into some pajamas. They were being silly and babbling to each other. Meanwhile, I was sitting on the couch eating dinner, and then I heard a loud giggle. "Did she just laugh??" Pam turned around and said "YES!" I grabbed the camera and went over to the changing table. The video is dark, but about 28 seconds in you can hear her laugh! :)



It was a great first Easter!

In other news...
Today marks the day that last year I found out I wasn't pregnant. I had some cramps and felt like there was no chance we'd be lucky enough to have the IUI work on the first try. I woke up in the morning and got my period as I expected (but dreaded.) It was a tough day, and a tough 2 weeks until we could try again. I literally flushed all that money and hope down the drain. My days were filled with sadness, mourning the baby that I wasn't going to have. I felt like I'd never get to see those 2 pink lines.

We feel so blessed that we got lucky on our second attempt. Now we have our dream come true baby and she's so much better than we ever imagined!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like Makena had a great Easter! Hooray! btw... I love Pam's bunny ears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you all came over for Easter. Makena looked so pretty.
    Love & hugs.

    ReplyDelete