Saturday, March 6, 2010

6 weeks old

I can't believe how infrequently I get around to updating on here. I actually do get lots of computer time, but I graze around and don't have too many long stretches to sit and write anything coherent.

Right now Makena is sleeping propped up in the Boppy on the couch. She's been a littler fussier than usual, within the last week she's started fighting sleep which makes nighttime a struggle. Naps are still okay, but that "witching hour" around 7pm-9pm is no joke. She also is begining to be less content to just be held. I think she's ready for more exciting stuff than just staring at my face for hours. lol. She spent a good 30 minutes on her activity mat this afternoon.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays I go to babysit Ian and Colin. Their mom is home most of the time working in the upstairs office. It's been working out really well, all 3 kids are easygoing and a joy to be around! Ian will be 2 years old next month and Colin is 2 months older than Makena. Usually the two babies are sleeping, but they were both awake at the same time the other day so I put them on the floor together and snapped this photo-
So cute. They are both so smiley! Such good little ones. I know Makena's head looks huge, but really Colin's is so much bigger/heavier that he is sinking into the pillow. lol. We can't wait until they get older and can interact and play together! And Ian is great, he is content to play with his cars, trains, and trucks all day long. If Colin is sleeping or upstairs with his mom nursing, and Makena is awake and needs to be cuddled I've been wearing her in the Moby wrap I got for $20.
She really likes it sometimes, but other times I can't seem to get it right and she's uncomfortable. We're still learning!
Cloth diapering is going well, but since I can't do laundry as often as I like, I've decided that wearing disposables on T/W/Th and cloth the rest of the days works best for us. Then I do diaper laundry on Monday. She's already outgrowing most of the size small cloth diapers, which really bums me out because she has some great ones and now I need to get a whole new stash of mediums!

She's awake now, I just changed her diaper and left her naked on the changing table portion of the pack-n-play. I'm so glad we decided to buy that, she loves being in there!!

Pam will be home in about 3 hours. I feel like some days go by so quickly while others drag on for way too long. Today is a long day for sure. I would love to take a nice long shower. But, it's time to feed the wee one!

1 comment:

  1. The photo's are great. Makena and Colin look adorable together. I look forward to your updates.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete