Tuesday, November 25, 2014

364 Days Old

Hadley will be 1 tomorrow.

Ever since Makena was born the years go by so quickly, but this last one really flew by!

Wasn't I just pregnant? Wasn't she just a baby who laid on her blanket while Makena asked when she would be big enough to play with? Wasn't she just sitting and learning how to put toys in her mouth?

And in the blink of an eye she's a walking little person.


She is sweet, and loving, and cuddly. She rests her head on your chest and just reconnects for a bit.


She loves her sister and mamas. She gives Makena hugs, and giggles and shrieks with joy when they chase each other. Makena wrote this note on Hadley's behalf. It says "Oooo Waaa by Hadley" lol.


She is determined, and adventurous, and clever. She carried this step stool over to the couch to climb up. If there isn't a way for her to get up onto something, she figures out a way to do it herself!


She brings so much joy to all of us. She's content to play and explore and watch Makena. She's easy-going. She loves to dance. She gets very excited about going outside, when the front door is open she makes a beeline for it. Anywhere we are, she heads towards the door! As I carry her to the car she wiggles and squeals with happiness. She just loves to go!

Today Makena went to breakfast at Grandmo's house, they baked and did crafts for Thanksgiving. Then Pam picked her up and took her to babysit with her, so it's been just Hadley and I at home all day.

This morning she woke at 7, and for breakfast ate scrambled eggs and raspberries and bits of my English muffin. She napped from 10-11 in my lap, then we played, read books, and I cleaned up while she sat in her high chair and ate lunch. Black beans, carrots, peas, and a slice of apple and a few crackers. She cried while I vacuumed, sometimes she cries, sometimes she laughs! She's silly like that. Fell asleep for another nap at 3, woke up at 4:30. Sometimes she skips that afternoon nap, but then evenings are really tough since she's tired and wants to sleep at like 5.

But she napped in my lap, and we just rocked and rocked. And I looked at her beautiful face, this human that my body grew and birthed.


She's exactly what I wanted. I feel like I hit the jackpot twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment