Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Christmas catch up!

Oh man, another catch up post! I really really wish I could remember to write more here. It's so important to me to get all these memories written down!! I've already forgotten so much about Christmastime/December. Thankfully I have photos to jog my memory. :)

She loved our Christmas tree, she helped hang the ornaments and every day talked about it. She also liked to sing "Oh tree! Oh tree!" instead of "Oh Christmas tree."


We went to Colin's 2nd birthday party at the fire station.


Playing in a huge pile of leaves outside of Ian and Colin's house! That's our new car in the background. 


We all love NY!


She adored playing with this little Santa set that my mom gave her. This doll house is probably her most played with toy of the year, and she had a blast acting out Christmas. It really got her excited about what was coming! She also really liked looking for the Elf on the Shelf each morning. She just walked by the computer and was pointing at this photo asking to play with it. I explained it's packed away with the Christmas stuff and she started to cry. I miss Christmas too!!


We were given tickets to Gilroy Gardens for the Holiday Lights, and we had a lot of fun looking at all the decorations and riding the rides at night time! We'll have to make a trip there this summer. It was so cold! There was a special Charlie Brown Christmas show and Makena was overjoyed to see Snoopy! 


Not the cutest photo, I think I caught her as she was saying something, lol. But isn't her shirt adorable? We think it's 2 mommy showmen and a baby. :)


Christmas Eve we stayed up late wrapping gifts and getting everything ready! We ate cookies and drank the water Makena left out. I had a hard time sleeping, I couldn't wait to wake up and see Makena's face. 


Christmas morning! We all had our matching jammies on, and we ate Cinnabons and tea and opened presents! Makena wanted to stop and play with each toy, of course. So it took a while, but it was fun!


We went to my parents house and Makena saw the huuuuge wrapped gift. She opened it and it was her new kitchen play set! This is definitely one of her favorite things to play with. Almost every morning I sit on the couch and she makes me breakfast. Usually it's a plate with cut up fruit, but sometimes she gives me toast with butter. Lol! When she cooks food she says it's too hot so she puts it in the freezer for a bit, just like we do. She's so funny. She likes to pretend to wash her hands too, and she uses the curtain as a towel to pretend to dry her hands. It's so cute! And she picks up the phone and says, "I yhuve you too, ma!" completely unprompted. I love her!!!!


My Christmas cutie!! My sister and Makena's cousins Nicolas and Sofia came over in the evening and Makena had such a great time playing with her new toys with them! She cried so hard when they left.


 At the end of November Emily was born, and Makena was so excited to meet her. She gave her a stuffed carrot toy that she picked out from Ikea, lol. Now she talks often of "bay Em!" She loved holding her, and I can't wait until they can play together!! Friends having babies is the best thing. :)


Just a little loving! She can be so affectionate, it warms my heart every time she comes up to me for a hug. I love smushing her into me for a big cuddle!




After all the Christmas craziness was over and it was time to get back to a regular routine, Makena stopped napping. She went 4 days without a nap. I feared it was over for good. Thankfully she does still nap, but usually she wants to around 3 pm and that's just too late. If we are at home I try to get her to nap around 1. And if she misses it, oh well. We have a rough evening and then she usually goes to bed easily.

We started watching a lot of Disneyland promo videos and stuff, to get excited about our upcoming trip. We talked a lot about how we were going to see Mickey and all the friends. I was worried she'd be scared of the characters, so I wanted to show them to her as much as possible so they wouldn't seem so big in person.

We went to the Children's Museum in San Jose and they had some fun art exhibits...






As always the water play area was the biggest hit! Winnie the Pooh and Tigger made an appearance,  so as a little tester we brought Makena. She was so excited to see them, but as we got in line she got nervous. She slowly warmed up a bit, and gave high fives and took a photo.

With some gift card money from Christmas we went to Toys R Us and Makena got a toy train set, a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse sofa/bed, and a few other little things. She absolutely loves this couch!!


We went to the park on New Years Eve day, while Pam stayed home cleaned up and went through piles of paper to straighten up. We wanted to help 2012 off to a good start! I showed Makena how to blow on these to make a wish, and told her about her birthday being soon and that we were going to have a Mickey party and she could blow out the candles and all her friends would come. We spent the next couple weeks prepping for the party and getting her pumped up for it! I couldn't wait for the party, and I also couldn't wait to go to Disneyland the next day!


And now I can't wait to post about it but it'll have to wait because my poor neglected child is asking me to do a puzzle with her. Which is infinitely more important. :) I suppose that's the bottom line of why I'm slacking so much with posting in the blog. I'm too darn busy living to stop and write about it! I love this blog, I love reading back and remembering everything. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment