Saturday, May 7, 2011

The wonderful things

We went through some REALLY tough sleep problems within the last month, and then, out of the blue, one night Makena went to bed and slept awesomely. And then the streak was over and it was really great! It's still not perfect/ideal, and we think part of the sleep issues are from the warm weather and longer daylight hours. It's just an adjustment we need to figure out. And it sucks.

I complain about Makena's sleep a lot. But there is SO much that she is amazing at. I daily think of little things that I never want to forget about her and tuck them away in my head to blog about later. But ever since getting pregnant with her, my brain hasn't been at it's best. lol. So when I sit down to write, I usually draw a blank. I'm vowing to change that. I hope to write weekly. While pregnant I wrote sometimes multiple times a day! Then again while pregnant I had hours and hours all day long to fill with whatever I wanted to do. And now my hours are spent with this most incredible little being.

In random order, awesome things that Makena does that need to be remembered-

She will stay still and let me clip her nails as she sits on my lap and watches Sesame Street.

She comes when I call her. (The vast majority of the time at least!)

She loves eating broccoli!

She will bring things to and from Pam and I when asked. (This is super handy!)

After she trips and falls she stands up and brushes her hands off.

She gives kisses if I pucker my lips and make kissy sounds at her. lol.

She signs for "help" when she wants something or is stuck/needs assistance.

She is friendly, oh so friendly!

She is funny. Really funny. And she knows it.

She is so full of joy. I think of her, and the first thought is how joyful she is.

She has an awesome attention span.

She loves books!

She memorizes hand motions for songs and books insanely fast.

When she hears a plane she looks up to the sky until she finds it.

She rocks her baby doll against her chest.

She loves to nurse!

She pets Donte gently (FINALLY!)

She is so adventurous and loves to climb.

She will sit in the swings forever.

She dances when she hears music. (Today at the farmer's market, we walked past a man playing his guitar. She stopped to stare at him, then started to dance a bit. He morphed the song he was playing into "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and started to sing a slow bluesy version of it. Makena immediately did the hand motions and it was probably the cutest thing to happen in the world today. People walking by stopped to watch her, and soon there was a huge crowd stopped in the middle of the street commenting on how adorable my baby is! Proud mommy moment!)

She can "jump" and spin in a circle.

She can spot a Sesame Street character from a mile away. Even if it's just a kid wearing a Bert beanie. lol.

She loves belly buttons.

She pats your back as she gives a hug.

And there is so much more about her that's awesome. Obviously. But she's in need of a diaper change now so I need to go. :) She's laying on the blanket patting a clean diaper against her butt. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment