Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Today was our second mother's day!!

I can't believe Makena is old enough that now we are repeating holidays.

We went to Carmel-by-the-Sea with my mom. It's about an hour and a half drive from here, and Makena was a super trooper in the car! It helped I'm sure that my mom sat in the back with her. Some people probably think it's crazy that we didn't make my mom sit in the front seat which is undoubtedly more comfortable. But, knowing my mom, she prefers to be where Makena is and she's great at keeping her entertained so it worked out perfectly! We left the house early, and got to The Tuck Box, me and Pam's favorite scone place and ate breakfast. Then we walked around searching for geocaches, which is a fairly new fun hobby we've picked up. And we stopped by the beach to let Makena see the ocean for the first time.

Sidenote: There were SO many things we couldn't wait to do with a baby some day, like go to the beach, the zoo, the aquarium, story time at the library... and somehow we get busy and haven't done ANY of those things yet and 15 months have already gone by!! And we will have to go back to the beach again soon, once it's warm and we can bring bathing suits and sand toys. :)

She loved the water and cried when we left. And it was freezing!!




No comments:

Post a Comment