Thursday, November 18, 2010

slow down!

Time is ticking by way too quickly.

I'm so excited about Makena's first Christmas, and then less than a month later her first birthday. And at the same time, I'm sad that she'll be one year old so soon! I see photos of her from when she was little, under a month old, and I almost can't remember. The shape and weight of her little body as I held her. What we did all day long. How often she slept, ate, how many diaper changes. How rarely she cried. The memories are already fading and it breaks my heart. Everyone always says how fast it goes, but I had no idea how soon I'd forget!

When did it go from this, me giving her kisses-to this, her giving ME kisses-
From sleeping like this, curled on our chests-
To sleeping like this, still trying to curl up-
But most of all, when did this little baby-
Turn into this big girl?!
It's completely mind blowing.

She walks around. Eats real food. Sits and plays with her toys. Laughs when she sees something funny. Her personality is coming out more and more each day.

And one day, these days will be a distant memory.

I need a pause button.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice updates. The photo's are all so beautiful! She is such fun to be with. I love her dearly.
    GrandMo

    ReplyDelete