Thursday, March 6, 2014

Things I love about Hadley

She has a very long single eyelash above her right eye.

The way she scrunches up her face and her whole body wiggles while smiling.

How she smiles all the time, usually the second she makes eye contact with someone, much to their (and her!) delight.

All the spit bubbles.

The no nonsense nursing she does. Makena nursed for loooong stretches of time, for nutrition and for comfort. If she was fussy nursing would fix it. Anytime I offered, she'd happily nurse. Hadley won't nurse unless she's hungry. If she doesn't want to nurse she gets mad like, "GET THAT OUT OF MY FACE I'M NOT HUNGRY!" While that was strange to get used to, now at 3 months into it I can appreciate her efficiency.

The way she sucks on her fingers, slurping and gnawing on them.

How predictably tired she is. I read about the 90 minute sleep schedule, and sure enough about 1.5 hours after waking up she's ready for sleep again!

When I wear her in a baby carrier she usually falls asleep the second I start walking around.

The way she looks at Makena. I thought nobody else would ever look at Makena with as much love and adoration as Pam and I, but Hadley already is a huge fan of her big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment