Thursday, November 10, 2011

September photos and updates!

I need to catch up on all the fun we've been having!! I have been a blog slacker, we got pretty busy and I kept meaning to update, but I'm finally feeling motivated now so let's do this!


 At the beginning of September we went to Christina and Patrick's wedding and Makena got to wear this adorable dress! She loved it, she kept twirling and dancing and had a great time.

 

At the park, just being cute! She was about to go down the slide and I said "I love you!" and she turned around and pointed at me. Which is her "sign" for I love you. <3

 

Makena picked out this hilarious outfit. The shirt, skirt, and leg warmers all have hearts, the skirt was too small and kept riding up on her waist (but at the same time her cute cloth diaper was showing) and the mix-matched Cookie Monster and Abby socks just added to the awesomeness. Not to mention my inability to get her hair even.



We had a fun day at the Civic Center, playing by the fountain and rolling around in the grass. She spent a long time walking around and around that tree. Then we were chasing each other, and I started to video tape how cute she was being. Of course she decided she didn't want to play that anymore, but I continued recording as I followed her around. And then she fell down some concrete stairs and I got it all on tape. :( She started to go down too quickly, (it was a very short 4 maybe 5 steps) and slowly fell forward and her upper lip took the most damage. Blood and everything. But she was mostly crying because she had dropped her stick. I dribbled some of our water on her face and she was good to go! You can't even really see any scrapes...well, until the scab.

We went apple picking on September 10th. As we drove through the Santa Cruz mountains we were trying to keep Makena awake. She fell asleep when we were just 3 miles away. Figures! So we figured we'd just park and let her sleep, and as we drove we noticed some toys along the side of the road, and because we were feeling spontaneous (stupid?) we pulled over and I hopped out of the car to go rummage. And when I say road, I mean we had just come out of the mountains and it was a winding road with only one small lane for each side of traffic. And Pam pulled over onto a scary cliff (slight exaggeration) and when I opened the door field mice went scurrying. But still, toys! For free! I'm one of those people who loves free stuff and I've found some really awesome stuff. This stuff was not awesome. I suppose that's why nobody else picked it up. Or maybe that's because crossing the road and inching sideways along the side of the rocky hill/mountain as cars flew around the blind curve is an idiotic idea. But I forged on!! What a waste of time. The toys were broken and dirty and lame. And Pam was in the car laughing at me and what the heck was I doing?! I got back to the car (somehow still alive) and we went to the apple farm.

It was our first time there, and we weren't sure what to expect.The trees were very low, so Makena could reach right up and grab the apples.






We also picked some strawberries while we were there. They were plump and juicy and delicious! 




She spilled my cup of water then immediately bent over and started to lick it off the carpet. ?!?! She's such a silly kid, I love her!! The other day I was sitting on the couch and she ran over to me and sniffed my crotch. I said "What the heck are you doing?!" and she said "Mell!" and pointed to the flower pattern all over my pajama pants. Not sure why she didn't smell my knee or thigh. lol.


As we were getting ready to go to the park one day Makena ran over to say bye to Donte, and then tried to kiss him. He jumped down the second after I snapped this photo.


At the park Makena amazed me with her skills. This was the first time I let her try to climb up this part, and she only needed help at the top. When did she get so big??


She also kept wanting to hang from this bar, and I kept trying to get a photo. I think we did it about 15 times before I finally got it! Each time she fell down after a couple seconds she cried to get back up. I think she could've done it all day, but I was getting tired of repeatedly picking her up.

 

On the way home from the park Makena was not happy to be buckled into her seat without me nursing her first. A lot of the time when we leave somewhere and get in the car I'll nurse her in hopes that she falls asleep, so sometimes she expects milk and flips out when I say no. But we live about a 2 minute drive away from the park, and I always nurse her when we get home and she takes a nap. That day I happened to have the car so we drove, and she hated the change!


 One day at work the kids went into the little baby pool, and Makena borrowed Colin's bathing suit. Afterwards she did a little painting for the first time. I was impressed by her nice blues and greens color scheme until I realized those were the only colors I had opened for her, lol.


Jumping into the pool at Grandmo's apartment! Pam would say "Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great FALL!" and Makena would lunge forward into the water.


I love this action shot of her, playing the Elefun game where you have to catch the butterflies that fly out of his trunk. We gave it to Ian for his birthday, and she always wants to play it. She also loves picking up all the butterflies and putting them back in to play again.


Laundry time! Some days when we are home all day long we'll do the laundry instead of walking to the park or the fountain. Makena is a super helper.


We went to the Santa Clara Art & Wine Festival with my mom, and she spoiled Makena (like always!) and bought her tickets to do all the fun rides. She and I went on the huge carnival slide, the kind where you go down on a burlap sack. As we started to walk up the narrow staircase Makena got a little nervous, and at the top she got scared and didn't want to go down. Actually she wanted to go down the stairs, she kept pointing at them and started to cry. But I really thought she'd enjoy the slide, so I handed her over to the teenage guy and sat down, and he put her in my lap. We went down and at the bottom she asked for more. lol. The little baby swings were cheaper, so she rode them a few times.


More park photos! We spent a LOT of time at our neighborhood park this summer. Makena worked so hard to build this sandcastle...


But when she pulled up the bucket there was no sand castle. lol. She seemed confused, so I showed her (again) that you have to fill it with (somewhat wet) sand first. So funny.

Ok that has caught me up for all of September, I can't believe it's November already, I still need to post about October and our TRIP TO NYC!!!! But right now Makena wants me to play on the blanket and pillows we put on the floor to jump on. Actually she's happily content playing by herself, but I want to play with her. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment